Scars can significantly affect the confidence and self esteem of a person. If you have scars, then you don’t have to be scarred for life because there are plenty of ways to get rid of it and all you need to do is to determine which method suits you best. You also need to keep in mind that scar removal methods cannot completely remove the scars, but plays a huge role in minimizing its appearance.
Below are some of the effective scar removal methods
- Dermabrasion- This method is very effective in removing acne scars. It makes use of high speed brush that efficiently removes the superficial layer of the skin. However, it requires several days for the skin to completely heal.
- Micro-dermabrasion- This procedure is somewhat similar to dermabrasion, but instead of using high speed brush what the dermatologist usually do is spray the scar using minute crystal. Before you will be able to achieve the desired result, you will need several sessions, but the good thing is that there is no downtime.
- Chemical peels- If you have moderate scarring, then this procedure is suitable for you. In this procedure, a licensed doctor will apply the peel on the affected part and initially the peel will cause redness and peeling of the skin a few days after the procedure. After several days, new skin will be revealed, which is of course better and more moisturized.
- Laser scar removal- This procedure is becoming increasingly popular today. It removes the superficial layer of the skin; helps reduce redness, and reduce the visibility of scars. Dermatologist uses different varieties of lasers depending on the type and severity of scarring. It requires several session for the scars to lighten up and the downtime depends on the types of laser used.
- Use of fillers- There are various types of fillers used for scars such as hyaluronic acid and collagen. Fillers are ideal to use for depressed scarring, but you have to be aware that this procedure is not a permanent solution for acne type scars. The fillers are easily absorbed by the skin and repetitive injections are needed every other month to keep the scars from coming back.
Nobody wants to be scarred for life. If you have scars and you want to get rid of it the soonest possible time, then it’s time for you to consider modern scar removal methods like the ones mentioned above.